Sunday, March 21, 2010

April J-BOM: Twerski's Visions of the Fathers

March is flying by! Passover is only one week away, and we're ready to do some serious chametz removal.

So, J-BOM. Aside from my introductory post, I've been falling down on the job. :-( Fortunately I still have another week to try to squeeze in another post or two.

But today I received J-BOM's book of the month for April. I'm really excited about this one, and I wanted to give you a heads up. It's Visions of the Fathers, Rabbi Abraham Twerski's commentary on Pirkei Avot.

It's customary to read Pirkei Avot during the weeks between Pesach and Shavuot. I first read Pirkei Avot last year, and I fell in love with the depth of its practical wisdom. Today I peeked into R. Twerski's commentary, and I can already tell that I'm going to enjoy studying it again. So kudos to Derek--I'm really glad you picked this book for April. (Check out Derek Leman's blog for additional info on J-BOM in April.)

If you're the type that appreciates books that are full of practical wisdom for your spiritual walk, I think you will love Pirkei Avot. And if you tend to go for the more heady theological stuff, I think you will be amazed by the depth of the insights of some of our sages.
Now's a great time to order the book so that after Passover you can dive right in. So go ahead, carpe diem!

No comments: